Job Title: Director of Business Development & Marketing
The newly created Director of Development & Marketing will work closely with the Board of Directors. The position will play a role in creating and executing an effective and robust development program, and supporting the future growth and success of the Market. Primary responsibilities include securing leases for cold storage units and offices while overseeing facilities maintenance and staff and/or contractors, in addition to monitoring and replying to all forms of daily market inquiries.
- Build and maintain strong, lasting relationships with area growers, food and farm businesses and buyers
- Identify and compile a database of potential new growers and buyers
- Develop and manage the entire sales cycle for cold storage leases, including updating and maintaining contracts and renewals
- Maintain a complete inventory database of the BHFM facilities and capabilities
- Accountable for creating and/or implementing tracking mechanisms for primary revenue streams
- Provide monthly summary reports to the Board of Directors
- Direct annual planning and budgeting process, including projected product fees, maintenance needs and growth strategies
- Lead the development in analyzing and pursuing new lines of business opportunities in consultation with the Board of Directors
- Manage and perform staff and contractor evaluations
- Monitoring and replying to all forms of inquiries (mail, phone, email and social media) during office hours
- Oversee contracts or services for facility maintenance and janitorial duties
- Guide media relations, website and communication strategy including maintaining market web presence and website, social media accounts and other forms identified as needed
- Participate in community and industry events as a representative of BHFM
- Minimum Experience: At least 3 years of experience in agriculture, wholesale produce sales or distribution or refrigerated warehousing. Must have a valid state issued drivers’ license.
- Proficient computer skills: Gmail, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, WordPress, social media platforms
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Preferred Experience: 5-7 years of experience in refrigerated warehousing, food processing or production operations in a management, leadership or business development role; also has a minimum of 3 years of successful sales experience in a business-to-business environment.
- Passion for agriculture industry is required.
Up to $32,500+ Commission to commensurate with experience
Job Title: Trading Lanes Coordinator
Responsible for day-to-day activities, coordination and maintenance of facilities and space for wholesale market trading lanes during growing season (June – October).
- Manage any other people that may be needed to run the trading lanes
- Manage growers and buyer traffic around and during trading hours
- Develop, manage and monitor grower/producer Code of Conduct for compliance
- Document commodities entering the market, including size and package count
- Collect fees from the trading lanes participants
- Maintain facilities and space associated with the trading lanes
- Generate weekly trading lanes reports for Market staff and Board of Directors including but not limited to number of growers and buyers, and package counts
- Maintain and distribute the BHFM produce price report
- Support annual planning and budgeting process, including projected product fees, maintenance needs and growth strategies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Clear Communication: expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and/or writing to individuals or groups; listens attentively; shares information in a timely manner using the most appropriate method; presents well-organized information in a group setting
- Initiative: takes action to improve a situation without waiting for explicit instructions; seeks new and improved techniques, solutions, and approaches to completing assignments
- Managing Resources: allocates time and resources efficiently and effectively
- Proficient Computer Skills: Gmail, Google Drive, Microsoft Office
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: At least 1-2 years of agriculture, wholesale produce or grower/producer sales or business experience
- Ability to work: 5:00 am – 9:00 am Sunday, Tuesday through Friday
Up to $20 per hour to commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 11, 2019 or until the positions have been filled. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email and reference where you saw this posting. The Benton Harbor Fruit Market Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.